What is Corona Virus?
Corona Virus Disease(Covid19) is a infectious disease caused by a New virus spreads primarily through contacts with an infected person when they caugh or sneeze. It has originated from the Seafood Wholesale market, Wuhan, China in 2019.
- What is Corona Virus?
- CORONAVIRUS-The Fact:
- COVID-19 testing- When and How?
- Whom To Test:
- Symptoms of being affected with Corona Virus
- How to Stay Protected!
- How to Fight COVID-19 infection?
- Social Distancing
- When and How to Use Mask
- Tapping into Age-Old wisdom of Ayurveda During COVID-19
- Parenting Tips During Lockdown
- MYGOV CORONA HELPDESK
- Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency(PM-CARES)
- PM’s Quick Decision amid Corona Outbreak in India
- Govt Launches Aarogya Setu App-COVID-19 Tracker
- Psycho-Social Support to Migrants during COVID-19
- Are you Washing your hands regularly?
- MYTH BUSTERS About Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS FAQ:-
- APP, PORTAL & INITIATIVES RELATED TO COVID-19 🦠
- 🔰Loans to India #Covid19🔰
- The virus enters through the Nose and Mouth
- It then finds a Host Cell in the Respiratory System
- The Host Cell then bursts and infects other Cells nearby.
How it Spreads:
Novel Coronavirus first spread to Humans from an animal-Thought to be a snake-At south China Seafood wholesale market. This virus is transmitted between humans in droplets from Coughing & sneezing and touching or shaking hands.
How It can Kill Us?
- Most victims of the virus die from complications including Pneumonia and swelling in the lungs.
- The Virus also causes Swelling in the Respiratory system, which can make it hard for the Lungs to pass oxygen into the Bloodstream-Leading to Organ failure and death.
- Severe Pneumonia can kill people by causing them to Drown in the fluid flooding their lungs
COVID-19 testing- When and How?
All individuals need not be tested, because Disease is primarily reported in individuals with Travel history to the affected countries or close contacts of positive cases
Whom To Test:
All symptomatic people who
- Have a history of international travel in the last 14 days
- Had come in contact with confirmed cases
- Are healthcare workers
- Are hospitalized patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Illness(SARI) or Influenza-like illness or Severe Pneumonia
Asymptomatic direct & high-risk contacts of confirmed cases should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact. Direct & high-risk contact include:
- Those living in the same household with a confirmed case
- Healthcare workers who examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations
List of labs(Govt. & Private)can be accessed at: icmr.nic.in
Symptoms of being affected with Corona Virus
|➤ Coughing||➤ Headache|
|➤ Rising body temperature||➤ Fever|
|➤ Sore throat||➤ Pneumonia|
How to Stay Protected!
- Wash hands with water and soap frequently
- Avoid direct contact with those affected by any disease
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth without washing hands
- Clean surfaces, which get contaminated quickly
Precautions that must be taken in case you’re travelling to countries affected by Corona virus. Know about the symptoms and precautionary measures.
When Symptoms of Infection with Respiratory appear: What One should Do:
- Stay at Home and avoid mixing with others.
- Seek immediate medical assistance & provide travel information & symptoms.
- Avoid traveling in case any disease symptoms are seen.
- Cover mouth, nose with tissues/handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands for at least 30 seconds with water and soap or sanitizer.
How to Fight COVID-19 infection?
- Immunity is your Best Guard
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables & Whole Grains
- Limit intake of Junk foods
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid Stress
- Maintain physical distance with others & stay within confines of your home
- Social distancing is necessary for each citizen & for each family
- Carelessness of a few can put you, your family, the entire country in grave jeopardy
- We can save ourselves from Coronavirus only if we do not cross Lakshman Rekha of our homes
When and How to Use Mask
- Persons with no symptoms of coronavirus should not use the medical mask, instead, wash hands frequently
- Continuous use of a disposable mask for over 6 hours increases the risk of getting an infection
- Use medical mask while visiting a healthcare facility or when caring for ill persons
- A medical mask is effective for 8 hours. Change immediately if it gets wet
Tapping into Age-Old wisdom of Ayurveda During COVID-19
- Take Chyawanprash 10mg(1tsp) in the morning(Sugar-free Chyawanprash for Diabetics)
- Golden Milk-1/2 tsp turmeric powder in 150 ml hot milk(Once or Twice a day)
- Drink herbal tea made from Basil, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Dry Ginger & Raisin(Once or Twice a day)
While there is no medicine for COVID-19, taking measures to boost our immunity is important
Ayurveda’s preventive care drives from concepts of Dinacharya-daily regimes & Ritucharya-seasonal regimes for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
General Measures to enhance Immunity
- Drink warm water throughout the day
- Daily practice of Yoga, Pranayama & meditation for atleast 30 minutes
- Use Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander & Garlic in cooking
Parenting Tips During Lockdown
- Help your teen connect with friends through video/phone call to keep stress at bay
- Since Schools are closed, ensure that they have a regular habit of studying
- Exercise or meditate together daily; engage them on what they love to do
- Make them aware about do’s, don’ts & rules of Social distancing
- With Teenagers, talk about something they like-sports, music, celebrities
- Create a flexible but consistent daily routine
Ensuring Mental Health of Children During COVID-19
- Listen to their concerns & try answering their queries; spend quality time with them
- Keep them in contact with their friends & loved ones through phone/video calls
- Make them understand that things will be better if we take proper care
- Give them correct information about what is happening around the world
- Engage them in indoor activities; encourage them to pick up a hobby
- Make routine learning at home by giving them small assignments
Stay Home & Catch Up with Your Reading List
National Book Trust of MHRD lauches #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative
Over 100 select books & best -selling titles can be downloaded for free from NBT’s website
Books by Tagore, Premchand, Gandhi & titles includig Holiday Have Came, Nine Little Birds & many more
Available in English , Hindi, Sanskrit & many regional languages
UMANG App brings all NCERT books for Primary & Secondary students through e-Pathshala
MYGOV CORONA HELPDESK
Corona Virus Helpline:
PHONE NUMBER: 011-23978046
EMAIL: [email protected]
Helpline Numbers of States & Union Territories (UTs)
If you need any help regarding Corona Virus infection or have symptoms of coughing, Fever, Breathing problems, you can Contact the above Helpline to get checked or you can inform any information which might reduce the infection in any manner.
Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency(PM-CARES)
|Name of the Account:||PM CARES|
|Name of Bank & Branch:||State Bank of India, New Delhi, Main Branch|
|UPI ID:||[email protected]|
You can also donate on pmindia.gov.in using following method
- Debit Cards and Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- UPI(BHIM, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PayTM, Mobikwik,etc.)
- Donations to this fund will be exempted from income tax under section 80(G)
PM’s Quick Decision amid Corona Outbreak in India
📣📣📣New guidelines Covoid19
- Closure of all educational establishments. Online education to be promoted.
- Possibility of postponing exams.
- Meetings shall be done through video conferences.
- Restaurants should ensure handwashing protocol.
- Encourage work from home wherever feasible.
- Postpone all non-essential social and cultural gatherings.
- All commercial activities must keep a distance of one meter between customers.
- Non-essential travel should be avoided.
- Hygiene and physical distancing have to be maintained.
- Special protective measures for delivery men/ women working in online ordering services.
- MHRD launches Samadhan Challenge to fight against COVID-19
- Ministry of Agriculture reviews steps taken to facilitate farming activities
- 152 Lifeline UDAN flights operational; transports 200 tons of essential goods & medical supplies
- Pharmacists “Swasth Ke Sipahi” deliver essential services & medicines to patients & elderly under PMBJP
- 3 Types of facilities to be set up for categories of COVID-19 patients:
(1) COVID Hospitals for severe or critical patients
(2) COVID Health Centres for moderate patients
(3) COVID Care Centres for mild or very mild patients/ suspected cases
- FACT: EMI deferment does not require OTP sharing. Beware & Be Alert.
- PM Modi interacts with CMs; underlines the importance of being motivated & vigilant in the battle against COVID-19
- Cabinet approves Non-operation of MPLADS for 2 years (2020-21 & 2021-22) for managing COVID-19
- Cabinet also approved an ordinance to cut the salary of MPs by 30% for a year
- 132 Lifeline UDAN flights operational; transports 184 tons of essential goods & medical supplies
- Record transportation of 16.94 Lakh MT of food grains by FCI during Lockdown
- 2,500 Rail Coaches converted into 40,000 isolation beds for COVID-19 patients
- Fact: WHO has not advised against eating bakery items
Govt Launches Aarogya Setu App-COVID-19 Tracker
- The App will alert users if they come in proximity to an infected person
- The App is privacy-first by design & available in Android & iOS
👉 Android – http://bit.ly/AarogyaSetu_PS and
👉 iOS – https://apple.co/2X1KMzO
- Inform users about best practices & relevant medical advisories
- The App has highly scalable architecture & is available in 11 languages
Psycho-Social Support to Migrants during COVID-19
- Treat migrant workers with dignity & compassion; understand their concern & problems
- Help them understand current situations and reassure them the disease is curable
- Inform them about the support extended by Central/ State Govts/ health care systems
- Emphasize the importance of staying put in their present location to prevent further spread of the virus
- Remind them that it is safer for their families if they stay away from them
Are you Washing your hands regularly?
MYTH BUSTERS About Covid-19
|MYTH||Heavy intake of Vitamin-C can help in curing Corona infection|
|FACT||The regular intake of Vitamin-C boosts immunity. However, excessive intake is not recommended|
|MYTH||An “Old Chinese doctor” had found a cure to the Corona virus-One bowl of garlic.|
|FACT||There is NO scientific evidence to study this|
|MYTH||The New coronavirus affects older people|
|FACT||People of all ages can be infected by the new coronavirus. Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions(such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable.|
|COVID-19 spread through consumption of chicken, eggs, and meat||There is no conclusive evidence that cooked food transmits the disease|
|COVID-19 spread through Pets||The transmission of disease has not been seen through Pets|
|Dead body of a person infected with Corona virus transmit the infection.||No transmission of Corona virus infection from a dead body of a person|
|Vaccines are available for treatment of Covid-19 infection.||As of now, There is NO vaccines available for treatment of Covid-19 infection|
|MYTH||A moist throat can ensure protection from corona infection|
|FACT||There is no scientific evidence to support this claim|
|MYTH||The incubation period is up to 5 days|
|FACT||The “incubation period” means the time between catching the virus and beginning to have symptoms of the disease. Most estimates of the incubation period for COVID-19 range from 1-14 days.|
|MYTH||If you can hold your breath for 10 seconds without discomfort, you don’t have COVID-19|
|FACT||Holding your breath for more than 10 seconds without discomfort does not prove whether you are infected or not.|
APP, PORTAL & INITIATIVES RELATED TO COVID-19 🦠
💈 Team-11 : Uttar Pradesh
💈Namaste Over Handshake Campaign : Karnataka
💈Corona Watch App : Karnataka
💈 Apthamitra App : Karnataka
💈 Self Deceleration App : Nagaland
💈 Vera’s Covid 19 Monitoring Systam App : Telangana
💈 ‘V’ Safe Tunnel : Telangana
💈 CARUNA : Civil Service Association
💈 CORONTINE App : IIT Bombay
💈 ‘5T’ Initiative : Delhi
💈 Assess Koro Na App – Delhi
💈 Operation Shield : Delhi
💈 Operation Namaste : Indian Army
💈 ‘Lifeline’ UDAN : Civil Aviation Ministry
💈 Bharat Padhe Online : HRD Ministry
💈 Samadhan : HRD Ministry
💈 Yukti Portal : HRD Ministry
💈 Swayam Prabha : HRD Ministry
💈VidyaDaan 2.0 Program : HRD Ministry
💈 Covid India Seva : Health Ministry
💈Kisan Rath App : Agriculture Ministry
💈 COVIDCARE App : Arunachal Pradesh
💈 Corona Care : PhonePe
💈 Pragyaan App : Jharkhand
💈 VeggiGo App : Jharkhand
💈 Rakhsa Sarv App : Chhattisgarh police
💈 Naadi App : Puducherry
💈Corona Sahayata App : Bihar
💈 Gurur App : Bihar
💈 Aayu & Sehat Sathi App : Rajasthan
💈 Raj Cop Police : Rajasthan
💈 Cowin 20 App : NITI Aayog
💈 GoK Direct App : Kerala
💈 Break The Chain Mass Campaign : Kerala
💈 Break The Chain Campaign : Hindustan Unilever & UNICEF
💈 MCovid-19 App : Mizoram
💈’Cghaat’ Portal : Chhattisgarh
💈 Annapurna And Supply
Mitra Portal : Uttar Pradesh
💈 Covid Control : Mohali, Punjab
💈 COVA App : Punjab
💈 Top Parent : Madhya Pradesh
💈 Mahakavach App : Maharashtra
💈 Sandhan App : West Bengal
💈 Covid-19 Quarantine Monitoring App : Tamil Nadu
💈 Covid Pharma App : Andhra Pradesh
💈 Saiyam App : Pune Municipal Corporation
💈 Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Campaign : Niti Aayog
💈 Nigah Programme : Himachal Pradesh
💈 Ayush Kavach App : Uttar Pradesh
💈 COVID Katha : Health Ministry
💈 CHDCOVID App : Chandigarh
💈 Kisan Sabha App : CSIR-CRRI
💈 Exit App : West Bengal
💈 AYUSH Sanjivani App : Health Ministry Harsh Vardhan
🔰Loans to India #Covid19🔰
🔶WB : $1 billion
♦️social protection package for India
🔶US’s CDC : $ 3.6 million
♦️To enhance India’s response to the COVID-19 epidemic.
🔶NDB : $ 1 billion
♦️Emergency Assistance Program Loan, to curb the spread of COVID-19
🔶AIIB : $ 500 million
♦️COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project’.
🔶WB : $ 400 million
♦️To enhance Coastal & marine Resourses.