If you’re a freelancer, it’s likely that your clients will ask you to create budget spreadsheets. However, if you don’t have access to Microsoft Excel or similar software, this can be difficult. Luckily, there are several free websites where you can create PDFs from Google Sheets! I’ll show you how they work and how they’ll help make your life easier as a freelancer:
How to create a spreadsheet without MS Excel?
The first thing you need to do is to find one of these online tools:
- A free online spreadsheet tool. There are hundreds of sites that offer this service, and all you have to do is install the app on your computer and sign up for an account.
- A free online PDF converter. This is a program that can take any file in your hard drive and turn it into a PDF document.
- A free online PDF printer program (optional). If you want to print out pages from the spreadsheet, then this software will be useful for you as well!
Now let’s see how we can create a budget spreadsheet without MS Excel!
Set up the spreadsheet.
The first thing you need to do is set up the spreadsheet. This will be a simple task if you have MS Excel or another similar program, but it can be a little more complicated if you are using one of the free online tools. The gist of it is this: You want to create columns for different categories of spending and then fill in your estimated monthly expenses for each category (including rent and utilities).
This will be your budget spreadsheet, and you’ll use it to track your spending throughout the month. If you have MS Excel or another program that allows you to set up a spreadsheet, then go ahead and do so now. If not, go to a Pdf free online tool like Google Sheets and follow the steps below for creating a budget spreadsheet.
Create the columns.
You will have to create your own columns, but for a basic budget spreadsheet there are only a few that you need: Income, Expenses, and Savings. In the Income column, list all of your sources of income (if you are paid hourly or by the project, then use an hourly rate instead). In the Expenses column, list all of your monthly expenses (including rent or mortgage payments).
In the Savings column, list how much you want to save each month. You can also include an additional column for any other expenses that don’t fit into these categories. If your income varies from month to month (for example, if you get paid hourly), then use an average instead of a specific amount in this column.
Create the rows.
In the first row, enter your income. In the second row, list your expenses. In the third row, calculate how much money you have left over after paying all of your expenses (this is what you can save). You can also include an additional column for any other expenses that don’t fit into these categories. If your income varies from month to month (for example, if you get paid hourly), then use an average instead of a specific amount in this column.
Fill in the cells with your budget data.
You can fill in your budget data in the cells above. Just remember that the cells have to be formatted to display the numbers as currency, percentages or fractions. You don’t need to do anything fancy—just use the standard formatting options provided by Windows 10 and Office 365 apps like Excel and Word.
Save the spreadsheet as an Excel file. Use an online PDF converter to convert the Excel file into a PDF.
You can also use a PDF printer program if you would rather not download any software, but this option is only recommended if you have one of those programs installed on your computer already.
You can turn an Excel budget spreadsheet into a PDF so you can email it or print it out
- Using a PDF printer program (or online converter)
- Using the free version of Microsoft Excel to create and save your budget spreadsheet
- Using a free PDF printer program like CutePDF to convert your Excel file into a PDF
How to turn a file into a PDF?
- Online PDF Converters: There are many online converters that can be used to create PDFs. To use these, you need to upload your file, then click convert. The converted files will be sent to your email address or stored in the cloud depending on which one you use and how much it costs.
- [PDF Printer Software]: This program prints all documents as a PDF format onto paper or any other type of media such as CD/DVDs or flash drives for archiving purposes so that users don’t have to keep printing out multiple copies each time they want one copy for themselves or their friends because it saves paper too!
- [PDF Editor): This software allows users who want more control over their PDFs (such as moving around sections within them) because they’re able to edit them however they please by adding comments or highlighting text etcetera…but let’s not get ahead ourselves!
Creating a spreadsheet can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to organizing data and putting it into the proper columns. But don’t worry; with this tutorial you might have learned how to create a budget spreadsheet without MS Excel and turn it into PDF format so that you can share it with others or print it out in case you want hard copies of your budgets.