Tips to improve General Knowledge of your Kids:-
Be Realistic in Approach: Controlling Children is a difficult one yet making them study is another tedious task. Firstly go with your Child’s topic of interest and get him into the comfort zone that learning is very easy and it will be amazing. Teach them in a playful way so that they won’t tired from learning new things.
Buy Books and Materials:
Spending Money on Books is actually an Investment. Buy Useful yet preferable Books according to your Child’s Age and Mindset.
Improve General Knowledge on Games: Kids generally like to play games. As so teaching general knowledge related to sports is the bed of roses scenario. In today’s world Sports is yet an another formidable Career where you can earn huge compare to what education can give. You might get to know more about your Child’s Sporting talent while teaching him/her Sports related GK.
Play Audios and Videos: Children attract to videos or Audios rather than traditional way of teaching in the Board with Chalk. So display useful and knowledgable Videos to them and ask questions after the Visuals to test their Learning Skill.
Tell Stories or News: Tell them Stories related to Puzzles or
Here I will suggest a few ways to increase the kid’s general knowledge –
- Keep small sticky notes in his/her pocket. (It could be headlines of a newspaper or facts or figures from a book, etc.)
- Make him/her watch visuals, more interacting videos. If your kid is comfortable watching the news then that would be perfect.
- Choose any field like – History, Geography, states, and cities, solar system, or any other based on his/her interest and make him/her learn new facts every day.
- Try to increase the amount of learning facts every 2 – 3 weeks based on your Child’s capability.
- Take him/her to places like National Parks, historical monuments or museums or science centers and tell the kid about the facts or figures related to that.
- If possible make him/her watch movies or cartoons related to learning because videos increase their learning ability.
- Try to surround the kid with kinds of stuff related to the increasing learning experience. As kids learn by watching and experiencing the atmosphere around them
- Each kid is unique, so is their curiosity levels. Kids learn a lot from their environment. We parents should be able to answer their queries in simple, precise & easy to understand.
Easy General Knowledge Questions for Kids
- How many days do we have in a Week?
Answer: Seven days
- How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 days(366 days for leap year)
- How many colours in the Rainbow?
Answer: 7 (seven)
- Which animal is known of Ship of Desert?
- How many letters are there in the Alphabet?
Answer: 26 (Twenty Six)
- How many sides are there in a Square?
Answer: 4 sides
- Who is the Father of our nation?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- How many vowels and Consonants are there in the Alphabet?
Answer: 5 Vowels(a,e,i,o,u), 21 Consonants
- How many fingers do you have in your both hands?
Answer: 10 (Ten)
- When is the Time to sleep?
- Can you name a word that starts with ‘H’?
- Which Festival is a festival of Colors
- How many cards are there in a pack of Deck?
Answer: 52 Cards
- Which planet is farthest from the Sun?
- How many Natural Satellite Our Earth have?
Answer: One – Moon
- Which Galaxy Our Solar system is in?
Answer: Milkyway galaxy
- Which is the biggest continent in the world?
- Which is the biggest country in the world?
- In which direction does the Sun rise and set?
Answer: It rises in the East and sets in the West
- The Yamuna is the tributary of which river?
Answer: River Ganga
- Name the colours of India’s National flag?
Answer: Saffron(at the top), White(in the middle), Green (at the bottom)
- Which day comes after Monday?
- The national currency of India?
Answer: Rupee (Symbol: ₹)
- What is the chemical name of Water?
- Which instrument is used to measure human body temperature
- Who painted the famous Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci
- What is the study of weather
- What is the study of Plants and Animals respectively?
Answer: Botany (Plants), Zoology (Animals)
- Who is the Author of Tirukkural?
- Which is the largest bone in our human body?
Answer: Femur (Knee bone)
- Which country is home to Kangaroo?
General Knowledge Questions related to World Geography
- What is the Highest Mountain in the World?
Answer: a. Mount Everest
- Which Latitude runs through the Centre of the Earth?
- What are the names of the 5 Oceans in the World?
Answer: Pacific Ocean, Antarctic Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Ocean & Indian Ocean
- What Country has the highest population in the World?
- Which is the Longest River in the World?
Answer: The Nile from Egypt
- Which is the Largest Waterfall in the World?
Answer: Victoria Falls
- Which is the Largest Desert in the World?
Answer: Sahara Desert
- What are Branches of the River called?
- What is the Largest Island in the World?
- What is the World’s Smallest Country?
Answer: Vatican City
- Which planet is closest to Planet Earth?
- Which Planet is Called as Morning Star/Evening Star?
- What is the instrument to measure the Speed of Wind?
- Which day is the longest day in the World?
Answer: June 21
- Which planet is the largest in our Solar system?
- Which is the only continent completely covered with Ice?
- Which is the Island continent and the World’s 6th largest Country?
- What country is also known as Persia?
- What is the main island of Japan?
- What well-known mountain pass connects Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Answer: Khyber Pass
- Ceylon is the former name of what country?
- What city was once called New Amsterdam?
Answer: New York
- What is Pakistan’s longest river?
Answer: Indus River
- What canal connects the Red and Mediterranean Seas?
Answer: Suez Canal
- Which country is the leading egg producer in the world?
- Which river flows through the rainforest in brazil?
- What do you call land with water on 3 sides?
- Where are the Andes mountains located?
Answer: South America
- Which hemisphere does Australia lie on?
Answer: Southern hemisphere
- Which is the largest rock in the world?
Answer: Mount Augustus
- Which is the oldest city in the world?
Answer: Damascus, Syria
- Which country is also known as the Netherlands?
- In which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge located?
Answer: San Francisco
- Which is the smallest country in Asia by population?
Answer: The Maldives
- Which two continents does Russia belong to?
Answer: Europe & Asia
- In what country would you find Mount Kilimanjaro?
- What is the currency used in Britain?
Answer: Pound Sterling
- Which country is the Taj Mahal in?
Answer: Taj Mahal
- Which city is also known as ‘The Eternal City’?
- In which country do you find the Yellow River, also known as Huang He?
- How many countries are there in the world today?
Answer: 195 Countries
- Which European country has a capital city called Bucharest?
- Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Answer: Mount Lao, China
- Which European country is closest to the continent of Africa?
- What is the capital city of Germany?
- Mount Everest lies in which mountain range?
Answer: The Himalayas
- Where is Mount Ararat located?
- Where is the Blue Nile river located?
- What is the largest city & Capital of Ireland?
- What is the national currency of Malaysia?
Answer: Malaysian Ringgit
- Which is the longest river in Asia?
Answer: River Yangtze, China
- Which is the longest river in Europe?
- Which is the happiest place on Earth to live?
- What do you call a study of weather?
- Which place receives the world’s highest annual average rainfall?
Answer: Mawsynram, India
- Which country produces the most rice?
- Which lake is the largest in Africa?
Answer: Lake Victoria
- When did Bangladesh get independence?
- How many islands are there in the Philippines?
- Madagascar is surrounded by which ocean?
Answer: Indian Ocean
- What is the capital city of Spain?
- Which country is the second biggest in the world?
Answer: Canada(Russia- 1st Biggest)
- Which is the largest lake in the world?
Answer: Caspian sea
- Which is the capital city of Afghanistan?
- On which Country is the Statue of Unity located?
- What is the largest country in Scandinavia?
- What country calls itself Nippon?
- What is Europe’s largest port?
Answer: Port of Rotterdam
- What country was known as Rhodesia?
- What is the main tributary of the Ganges River in India?
- Which countries share the longest border in the world?
Answer: USA & Canada
General Knowledge Questions related to India
- Who is the Current President of India?
Answer: Ram Nath Kovind
- Where is ISRO’s Headquarters located?
- What are the 2 houses of the Indian Parliament?
Answer: Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha
- Which is India’s smallest state?
- Which country shares the shortest border with India?
- Who was the author of Ramayana?
- Which city is known as the Blue City of India?
- Which latitude line passes through India?
Answer: Tropic of Cancer
- Which state is known as ‘Scotland of the East’ in India?
- Which is the biggest Indian state?
- Who is known as the Flying Sikh of India?
Answer: Milka Singh
- What is India’s national flower?
- What is India’s national Animal?
- What is India’s national heritage Animal?
- What is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh?
- What is India’s India’s highest Sports honour award?
Answer: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- What is the Name of India’s Central Bank which controls the issue and supply of Indian Rupee?
Answer: Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
- How many official languages does the Indian Constitution recognize?
Answer: 22 languages
- What is India’s Highest honour Award?
Answer: Bharat Ratna
- What is the Name of the Award that is given to Outstanding Coaches in Sports & Games?
Answer: Dronacharya Award
- Who was the first Indian to win a Nobel prize?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore for Literature work of Gitanjali
- Who was known as Father of India?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- Who was the First Prime minister of Independent India?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
- Who was called as Architect of Indian Constitution?
Answer: B. R. Ambedkar
- Who was the First Woman Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Indra Gandhi
- Who was the first Indian Scientist to receive Nobel Prize?
Answer: Sir C. V. Raman
- What is the Highest Mountain in India?
Answer: Mount Godwin Austin(K2)
- Which state in India has the highest Literacy rate?
Answer: Kerala (Bihar is the least literate state)
- What is India’s Population as per the 2011 census?
Answer: 1.21 Billion (121 Crore)
- Which State has the highest Population in India?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
- On Which State Ajanta & Ellora Caves are situated?
Answer: Maharashtra( Aurangabad)
- Who built the Taj Mahal?
Answer: Shah Jahan (Emperor of Mughal Dynasty)
- Which Constitution is the longest written Constitution in the World?
Answer: Indian Constitution
- What is India’s Longest River?
Answer: River Ganga (River Godavari is the second longest)
- What is India’s Longest Railway station?
Answer: Gorakhpur Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh
- Who was the first Indian to go to space?
Answer: Rakesh Sharma
- Who was the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal?
Answer: Karnam Malleswari
- Who was the First Indian to win an Oscar?
Answer: Bhanu Athaiya
- What is the National Bird of India?