What is GK (General Knowledge/General Science)
General Knowledge the name implies that’s questions are being asked in general about anything that impacts your life, society, or to your nation or to the world. General Knowledge consists of Science, Geography, Economics, History, World History, Inventions, River system, Botany, Zoology, Environment, Ecology, Current affairs, Scientific Research, General Policy, Art & culture, etc. You should know about everything in common in exam point of you. SSC GK Questions & Answers pdf is the best source of material that we provide for you for free. We want you all just make use of it and achieve it and be successful in your life by getting placed in Government Job.
General Knowledge(GK) Syllabus for SSC exams
General Awareness: This section is one of the high scoring sections of SSC CGL, CHSL, CPO, MTS, Steno, GD Examinations. It aims at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to the society. Questions from current affairs taking place around the world and in India will also be a part of this section. Below are the major topics covered in SSC CGL Tier-I exam under the General Awareness Section:
- History: Facts about Harappa Civilization; Vedic culture; Name of the Kings who built important ancient Temples and Institutions like Nalanda; Chronology of Medieval India and their important systems; India’s freedom Movement and their leaders.
- Geography: India and its neighboring countries; Famous Seaport and Airport and their location; the important institution of world and India and their locations like BRICS, World Bank, IMF and RBI etc.
- Economy: Terminology of Budget (like National Income, GDP, Fiscal Deficit and many more); Five Year Plan and its importance; Famous persons in economy; Institutions and their importance like RBI, SEBI etc.
- Biology: Important Inventions and their inventor; Important and Interesting facts about human body parts; Nutrition in Animals and Plants; Diseases and their causes like Bacteria; Viruses and Protozoa; Last four chapter of NCERT of Class 12th for environment.
- Polity: Supreme Court; Meaning of Write; Election of President and his functions; Important constitution bodies like CAG; Facts about parliament; Fundamental Duties; Governor and his functions; State legislature; Major Constitutional amendments and their importance; Official Language; Emergency Provisions; National political parties and their symbols.
- Chemistry: Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses; SI units; Chemical Name of Important substances like Plaster of Paris etc.; Chemical Change and Physical Change; Properties of Gases; Surface Chemistry; Chemistry in Everyday life.
- Physics: Important inventions and their inventor; S.I. units; Motion; Sound; light; Wave; Energy; Electricity.
- Computer: Development of computers; Input and output devices; Memory.
- Miscellaneous: Population Census; Important books and their writers; First sports achievement for India and world like first Olympic, first Asian Game etc.; State Animals and Symbols; Awards and their importance; Name of the Scientist who got Noble prize for important discoveries.
SSC GK Questions & Answers PDF
General Knowledge section plays a vital role in SSC exams as 25 to 50 marks have been asked from the GK section in all SSC examinations.
Here I will share your SSC GK MCQs PDF for free to download. You can download it and make use of it and prepare for the upcoming exams and grow your confidence by answering more questions.
Answers with detailed explanations are also provided with this PDF. You can check whether your answers are right or wrong.
Main Source to Read General Knowledge Topics/content to score in GS
For Central Government exams like SSC, RRB, Banking, etc Reading NCERT books from 6th to 10th is more than enough. Reading NCERT books and finishing it is the hard part to do and a time consuming one. If you are new aspirant who wants to complete the syllabus soon. Read all previous year Question papers and solve it and remember the answers and read the explanation of each question.
I will list out some important Best selling MCQ Books in General Knowledge for SSC, RRB exams. Please buy the book and make use of it wisely and don’t waste the time.
1. 10000+ Objective MCQs with Explanatory Notes for General Studies UPSC/ State PCS/ SSC/ Banking/ Railways/ Defence
|Book Name:||10000+ Objective MCQs with Explanatory Notes for General Studies|
2) Kiran’s SSC General Awareness Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers 10600+ objective questions 1999 – April 2017
|Book Name:||Kiran’s SSC General Awareness Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers|
3) Kiran SSC General Awareness Chapterwise and Typewise Solved Papers 1997 Till Date 12000+ Objective Questions Hindi (2770) (Hindi)
|Book Name:||Kiran SSC General Awareness Chapterwise and Typewise Solved Papers 1997 Till Date 12000+ Objective Questions Hindi (2770)|
4)SSC General Awareness Topic-wise 48 Solved Papers (2010-2019) 3rd Edition
|Book Name:||SSC General Awareness Topic-wise 48 Solved Papers (2010-2019)|
5) Kiran’s SSC CGL General Awareness Pointers with Success Tips Yearwise and Topicwise 1997-2018 Solved Papers
|Book Name:||SSC CGL General Awareness Pointers with Success Tips Yearwise and Topicwise 1997-2018 Solved Papers|
6) General Knowledge 2021
|Book Name:||General Knowledge 2021|
7) ONE LINER APPROACH GENERAL KNOWLEDGE—ENGLISH
|Book Name:||One Liner Approach General Knowledge|
8) Kiran Objective General Knowledge useful for UPSC, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, BPSC Other Exam
|Book Name:||Kiran Objective General Knowledge|
9) SSC GK General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers (Previous Year Question Bank) 10000+ MCQs
|Book Name:||SSC GK General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers|
|Publication:||Mock Time publication|
10) 14000 + Objective Questions – General Studies
|Book Name:||14000+ Objective Questions – General Studies|
Useful Books for Competitive Exams:
✦ Download Adda24x7 Paid e-Books PDF
✦ Download All Arihant Publication Books PDF
✦ Download All Kiran Books PDF
✦ Download All History Books in PDF
✦ Download All General English Books PDF
✦ Download All Aptitude Books PDF
✦ Download All General Awareness Books PDF
✦ Download All Geography Books PDF
✦ Download All Economics Books PDF
✦ Download All Polity Books PDF
✦ Download All Banking Preparation Books PDF
✦ Download All SSC Preparation Books PDF
✦ Download All Disha Publication Books PDF
Disclaimer: Pavithran.Net doesn’t aim to promote or condone piracy in any way. We do not own any of these books. We neither create nor scan this Book. The Images, Books & other Contents are copyrighted to their respective owners. We are providing the PDF of Books that are already available on the Internet, Websites, and Social Media like Facebook, Telegram, Whatsapp, etc. We highly encourage visitors to Buy the Original content from their Official Sites. If any way it violates the law or anybody has Copyright issues/ having discrepancies over this post, Please Take our Contact Page to get in touch with us. We will reply as soon as we receive your Mails.
🙏We Need Your Support. Please Share the Link if it is helpful to your Cherished circle🙏